Orientation – Employees
Welcome to the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre. We look forward to working with you and being a part of your educational experience! Orientation is a mandatory and essential component of your employment to ensure you have the proper tools to be successful.
Orientation is divided into three categories:
- General Orientation – This interactive day(s) will be facilitated on site. You will be scheduled for this through Human Resources.
- E-learning – Please follow the instructions and links below.
- Handbook – Click here to view the handbook in PDF format
There are 8 mandatory e-learning modules which require completion before employment can begin:
- Ministry of Labours Safety and Awareness Training – http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/training/workers.php (approximate time to complete: 40 min.)
Certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: MOL for , e.g. July 11, 2016) before noon on the Friday prior to scheduled orientation date.
For the remaining 7 modules, your name and marks will be automatically forwarded to TBRHSC as proof of completion. (An option exists to print a certificate for your own records.)
- Privacy – Take our online test
- Patient and Family Centred Care – Take our online test
- WHMIS – Take our online test
- Healthy Backs – Take our online test
- Emergency Planning – Take our online test
- Quality & Risk Management – Take our online test
- Workplace Violence – Take our online test
A successful passing grade for all e-learning modules is 80%.